Thursday, October 16, 2008

Buffalo Round Up

Every year the guys on the KAE & KNRD crews gather up all the buffalo. They get shots and tags (if they are babies.) This year just seemed different. There were less people there watching and more than a couple "newbies" doing the rounding up.

I was sitting toward the end of the walkway hiding behind the board so the buffalo wouldn't see me and get scared to enter the pin. There was one of the new guys sitting across from me. All of a sudden he jumps up and says "I'm gonna go help them!" (Talking about the guys chasing the buffalo) I continued sitting there sneaking my camera around the corner to take pictures and then we all heard it. The loud yells of a man in pain. He was screaming "He got me! He got me! I have a hole in my leg!" He managed to JUMP the fence! How he did that after being thrown in the air by a huge buffalo is beyond me.


After he was taken to the ambulance, the rest of the guys decided to give the buffalo a rest and take a lunch break so everyone could calm down.

Here are some pictures that I took...

This is my hubby. Yes I know he doesn't match but he dressed himself.
The guys are trying to chase these buffalo into the pen so the vet can check them.
Seconds before the accident.
Making his way over the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment